Short-Term Rental Property

The Cookeville City Council adopted an ordinance regulating Short-Term Rental Units within the city limits of Cookeville in December 2017.  Homeowners wishing to rent their property for Short-Term Rentals through sites like VRBO, Airbnb, and similar sites are required to obtain a permit.  Please fill out the following form and bring it and other required documents to Cookeville City Hall.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Short-Term Rentals like Airbnb and Vacation Rentals by Owner (VRBO) are only allowed in the following zones:  RM8, RM14, PRD, CBD, CN, CL, CG, MS and UNV.  To find out what your property is zoned, contact the Planning Department at 931.520.5271 or check our website under business and then click on the zoning map.  If you are in the correct zone, please see our Short-Term Rental Checklist.