Effective January 1, 2015, the City of Cookeville has adopted the following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code, amended as follows:
- Section R313.2 is amended to read as follows: An automatic fire sprinkler system shall not be required in a single-family detached dwelling as defined by the Cookeville Zoning Code. Single-family attached, two-family or duplexes as defined by the Cookeville Zoning Code will be required to have an automatic fire sprinkler system installed.
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code is amended as follows:
- Section 403.4.3 is amended to read as follows: No copper tubing will be used as gas piping materials in gas piping installations. Copper tubing will be allowed, however, as connector to any non-motorized appliance with a limit of 3 feet in length and in the same room as the appliance. Any connection to a motorized appliance is not allowed unless the building official has given approval before the beginning of the installation. The copper tubing will not be allowed to penetrate any type of floors, walls, or ceilings.
- All other corrugated stainless steel tubing will be allowed for gas piping installations as stated in Section 403.5.4 of the International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 edition, and within the manufacturer’s specifications. However, no corrugated stainless steel tubing will be allowed to be installed in an area that is not protected from the weather and/or sunlight.
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2008 National Electric Code
- 2010 ADA Accessible Design Code
- Freezing Depth - 12 inches
- Frost Line - 3 inches
- Minimum Footing Size - 24 by 8 inches
- Seismic Design - Category C
- Snow Loads - Ground snow load 10 pounds per square foot
- Wind Loads - Basic wind speed 90 miles per hour at 3 second gusts