What do I do if I’m not guilty?

You have the right to plead "Not Guilty" and have a trial. You must call the City Court Clerk no less than 3 days prior to your scheduled Court date and ask the clerk to set your trial for the trial docket or come to Court on your original Court date and tell the Judge you want a trial. The telephone number is (931) 520-5254. You may bring witnesses to testify on your behalf. If you need to subpoena witnesses, you must notify the court clerk not less than two weeks prior to the Court date so the subpoenas can be issued and served. You may bring any evidence you deem necessary. You may hire an attorney, but it is not required.

Show All Answers

1. Where is Cookeville City Court?
2. When is Cookeville City Court?
3. How do I pay a ticket?
4. Will my ticket go on my record?
5. Can I go to driving school?
6. What do I do if I’m not guilty?
7. What if I don’t have the money to pay?
8. What if I ignore my ticket?