Mobile Food Vendors

The City Clerk’s Office issues Mobile Food Vendor’s permits per Cookeville Municipal Code Title 9, Chapter 12, Section 9-1201 through Section 9-1211. The requirements are:

  • $75   (30 day permit)
  • $250 (365 day permit)
  • Copy of Applicant’s Driver’s License
  • Copy of Tennessee Certificate of Registration (Sales Tax)
  • Copy of Current Tennessee State Business License
  • Copy of Photo of MFU
  • Copy of Registration of MFU (Vehicle and/or Trailer)
  • Copy of Valid Vehicle Certificate of Liability Insurance
  • Copy of Current Health Inspection (If Required)
  • Inspection of MFU and Approval by Codes Department
  • Copy of Written Spill Response Plan Approved by Public Works Department
  • If Operating on Cookeville City Property, Copy of Proof of Liability Insurance Coverage (minimum $1,000,000) naming City of Cookeville as Additionally Insured (Specific Language Required)
  • Mobile Food Vendor Policy Requirements for Approved Designated Public Locations (PDF)

The completed Mobile Food Vendor Application (PDF) and all the additional requirements must be returned to the City of Cookeville Tax Department and approved by the City Clerk before a permit is issued. If you have any unanswered questions please call our office 931-520-5250 or 931-520-5251. 

Please be advised, upon receipt of all required information and documentation, the processing of your application, including approval of the Spill Plan and scheduling an inspection with the Codes Department, can take several days.