“Scavengers” will be exploring Cookeville’s historic WestSide district Jan. 9. With a cell phone in one hand and a paper with tiny images and clues in the other, they’ll be easy to spot as they hunt for items in and around participating businesses. Read on...
Father-Daughter Date Night has been restructured, with virtual activities planned. “After much deliberation, we have decided it is in the best interest and safety of our fathers, daughters, staff and all of those involved to cancel the in-person event.” Read on...
Winter brings more than frigid temperatures to Cane Creek Park. It also brings trout. TWRA released 1,500 rainbow trout into the park’s 56-acre lake Dec. 9 and will return Jan. 20 to release more through its annual statewide winter trout stocking program. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for the following:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.