As the weather gets cooler, pickleball will be heating up at Cane Creek Gymnasium. A fall league for adults is being offered on Tuesdays, Nov. 2-Jan. 18, from 8:30-11 a.m. Participation is $10, and the registration deadline is Oct. 25. Read on...
A lot can change in 100 years. Especially hairstyles. A new exhibit at the Cookeville History Museum – “Cookeville HAIRitage” – explores this subject and welcomes additional stories and information from the community. See it through Nov. 6. Read on...
“Classic Cinema isn’t just an event – it’s a whole mood!” That’s how Beth Thompson, Cookeville museums manager, describes the movie series that starts Friday at 7 p.m. with 1979’s “The Muppet Movie.” It will be shown on the patio of the Cookeville Depot. Read on...
As the weather cools down, athletics will be heating up at Cane Creek SportsPlex and Cane Creek Gymnasium. Cookeville Leisure Services is offering adult leagues for basketball, kickball and pickleball. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for 10 city parks, Cookeville Performing Arts Center, Cane Creek Recreation Center, Cane Creek Gymnasium, Cane Creek SportsPlex, Cookeville Depot Museum, Cookeville History Museum, Cookeville City Cemetery and maintenance of all city buildings.
Classes & Programs
Shelter Reservations: Cane Creek Park
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park: birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.