Indulge in a night of banjo, mandolin and fiddle playing June 20 as Bluegrass Solutions takes the stage for Dogwood Park’s next Third Thursday in the Park concert. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Read on...
There is an old saying about skate parks: "If your community doesn’t have a skate park, it is one.” That may have once been true for Cookeville. But not anymore. The grand opening for the city’s long-awaited Park View Skate Park is June 20 at 3 p.m. Read on...
Warm, starry nights. Blankets on the lawn. And popcorn. It’s time for After Dark Movies in the Park at Dogwood Park. The fun begins this weekend with "Mary Poppins Returns" June 14 and "Ralph Breaks the Internet" June 15. Read on...
It’s summer concert season at Dogwood Park. Cookeville Community Band concerts are scheduled for May 27, June 10 and 24 and July 8 and 22 at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Concessions are available. Read on...
Summer is a time for having fun and making new friends. Leisure Services offers an opportunity for both through three sports camps. Registration is open for Basketball Camp, Lacrosse Camp and All Sports Camp to be held at Cane Creek Gymnasium and fields. Read on...
Cookeville History Museum visitors are spying a fun new exhibit. “I Spy Cookeville” features picture riddles and interactive challenges that will appeal to all ages. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is free. Read on...
Leisure Services School of Dance is gearing up for its 2019-2020 season. Prospective students are invited to an open house July 29 from 4-6 p.m. at Cane Creek Recreation Center. Read on...
“You’re a dough-what?” As a docent at the Cookeville History Museum, Rex Bennett gets that question a lot. And he doesn’t mind explaining. In fact, he delights in the opportunity to tell about his passion for volunteering and why museums are important. Read on...
TWRA partnered with Cookeville Leisure Services, Tennessee Tech Student Fisheries Association, TTU Bass Fishing Team and U.S. Geological Survey to improve fishing opportunities at Cane Creek Park by installing a variety of fish attractors. Read on...
Something new awaits trail users at Cane Creek Park and City Lake Natural Area. Dozens of native trees have been labeled as part of their recent certification as an arboretum by the Tennessee Urban Forestry Council. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Classes, Programs & Events
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.