October is an ideal time to start a new fitness routine. “As we move into fall and days get shorter, people tend to feel less motivated,” Jen Webb of Cookeville Leisure Services said. “Exercise is a fantastic way to increase energy and mood.” Read on...
“War” is brewing at the Cookeville History Museum. A new exhibit, “Cookeville’s Great War,” continues through Nov. 3. Admission is free. Read on...
The Cookeville Depot strives to build on children's natural enthusiasm for trains and history through a number of fun and educational community outreach programs — one of which is Train Tales, a free activity for preschoolers every Friday at 10:30 a.m. Read on...
When it comes to leisurely activities, the City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services has plenty to offer. A variety of events, programs and classes are always in the works to satisfy people of all ages. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for:
- City parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center and Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot and History museums
- Maintenance of all city buildings
- Cookeville City Cemetery
Classes, Programs & Events
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.