Registration is open for an adult co-ed kickball tournament to be played March 2 at the Cane Creek SportsPlex. The tournament follows Cookeville Leisure Services' successful launch of a new kickball league last fall. Rosters are due by Feb. 22. Read on...
An exhibit of microcars has generated big excitement at the Cookeville History Museum. “Lane Motor Museum Travels to Cookeville” continues through March 23. Admission is free. Read on...
Cookeville Leisure Services kept busy “making the good life better” in 2018. Highlights included 30 theatrical performances, 19 concerts, 10 movies, six museum exhibits, 12 camps, 771 athletic games, 2,000 fitness classes and a host of other activities. Read on...
If you notice groups of folks peeking in and around WestSide businesses on March 9, don’t worry – they’re just scavengers in Cookeville Leisure Services’ seventh annual WestSide Scavenger Hunts. Participation is free. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Classes, Programs & Events
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.