An eccentric millionaire invites five people to a haunted house party. Who will make it through the entire night? Find out Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. during “Boo, Y’all!” Halloween Cinema at the Cookeville Depot Museum. Admission is free. Read on...
Cane Creek Park’s waterfowl love people who visit them – and the treats they bring. But they don’t know that some treats are bad for them. Neither do those who enjoy feeding them bits of bread. A couple of Girl Scouts hope to change that with a new sign. Read on...
Cookeville History Museum opened a new exhibit, “Cookeville Crazy Quilters: Still Crazy About Quilts After 30 Years,” that includes free quilting demonstrations every Saturday through Oct. 26. Read on...
Cookeville History Museum is feeling fanatical about quilts – so much so that it will be opening a new exhibit, “Cookeville Crazy Quilters: Still Crazy About Quilts After 30 Years,” Sept. 7 with a reception from 1-3 p.m. Admission is free. Read on...
There is an old saying about skate parks: "If your community doesn’t have a skate park, it is one.” That may have once been true for Cookeville. But not anymore. The city’s long-awaited Park View Skate Park is now open. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Classes, Programs & Events
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.