A downtown oasis at 30 East Broad Street, across from the Cookeville Municipal Building, this park is a great place for picnics, leisurely walks and relaxing. The park features an interactive fountain, performance pavilion, rose garden, seasonal concession stand, restroom facilities and Heart of the City Playground, the area’s only all-inclusive, fully accessible playground. Enjoy the refreshing splash of Dogwood Park’s fountain April through October.
Hours: 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
* Vehicles are not permitted in the park.
* Skateboarding is prohibited.
* Pets are welcome but must stay on leash and under control at all times.Please pick-up after your pet.
* Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except by special event permit.
* Grills, smokers, and fires are prohibited.
* Fountain deck surface is wet and may be slippery.No running.
* Water-appropriate shoes are recommended.
* Animals, bicycles, and other riding toys are prohibited in the fountain.
* Please be courteous and considerate of other users.
Note: Dogwood Performance Pavilion is the only area that may be reserved for exclusive use, except special events sponsored by the City of Cookeville.
Dogwood Park is a city park managed by the Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities.To ask questions or report problems, call 520-4FUN (4386) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
In case of emergency call 911.
After hours and on weekends, call 526-9591 to report non-emergency problems.
Dogwood Park Memorial Program
The development of Dogwood Park is a true community-involved venture and your opportunity to participate is now. To honor or memorialize friends and loved ones, you may sponsor lamp posts, benches, seat walls or beautiful trees. Call the Cookeville Leisure Services administrative office at 931-520-4386 for more information.