Photography Contest: Your photo could be on the cover of Leisure Life magazine!
Calling all photographers! Ever found inspiration in Cookeville's city parks? Have a favorite photo from Cane Creek, Dogwood Park, or one of our other beautiful parks or facilities? We want to showcase YOUR art on the cover of our next magazine!
Buttons, Barbie dolls, and books, oh my! The Christmas trees at the Cookeville History Museum sparkle with the delightful and unexpected. “Stepping into the Christmas Forest at the Cookeville History Museum is magical in more ways than one.. Read on...
Hop in the car and see the best Christmas lights in Cookeville with the Merry and Bright Tour of Lights! The tour features all 20 homes entered in this year’s Holiday Home Challenge. A free Tour of Lights map marks the location of each home! Read on...
See what big events are coming to Cookeville this holiday season. You'll find all the details for the Dogwood Tree Lighting Ceremony, Christmas at the Depot, Father Daughter Date Night, and much more in this season's "Leisure Life" magazine! Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for 10 city parks, Cookeville Performing Arts Center, Cane Creek Recreation Center, Cane Creek Gymnasium, Cane Creek SportsPlex, Cookeville Depot Museum, Cookeville History Museum, Cookeville City Cemetery and maintenance of all city buildings.
Classes & Programs
Shelter Reservations: Cane Creek Park
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park: birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.