“I wasn’t sure I could do them.” That’s what Donna Mead once thought about some of the fitness classes at Cane Creek Recreation Center. Then she went to Fit Frenzy and sampled several classes all in one morning – free. This year's event is Jan. 18. Read on...
It’s an opportunity to explore Cookeville’s historic WestSide District – and maybe win a prize. Cookeville Leisure Services’ eighth annual WestSide Scavenger Hunts will take place Jan. 11, Feb. 8 and March 14 between 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Read on...
Online ticket sales for Cookeville Leisure Services’ 33rd annual Father-Daughter Date Night begin Jan. 11, but sponsorship options are available now. The event is Feb. 21, 22, 28 and 29 at 6 p.m. at the Leslie Town Centre and includes dinner, dancing. Read on...
It’s the “reel” deal – Cane Creek Park’s winter trout are here. TWRA released approximately 2,000 rainbow trout into the park’s 56-acre lake Dec. 11 and will return Jan. 22 to release 3,000 more through its annual statewide winter trout stocking program. Read on...
Father-Daughter Date Night
Online ticket sales for Father-Daughter Date Night begin Jan. 11. The event is Feb. 21, 22, 28 and 29. To learn about sponsorship options, call 931-526-7393.
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for the following:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.