An exhibit of microcars is expected to generate big excitement at the Cookeville History Museum. “Lane Motor Museum Travels to Cookeville” opens Jan. 26 along with a Cars and Coffee car show from 9-11 a.m. in the nearby Fleming Avenue parking lot. Read on...
Cookeville Leisure Services kept busy “making the good life better” in 2018. Highlights included 30 theatrical performances, 19 concerts, 10 movies, six museum exhibits, 12 camps, 771 athletic games, 2,000 fitness classes and a host of other activities. Read on...
If you notice groups of folks peeking in and around WestSide businesses on Feb. 9 and March 9, don’t worry – they’re just scavengers in Cookeville Leisure Services’ seventh annual WestSide Scavenger Hunts. Participation is free. Read on...
It’s a special night for dads and daughters of all ages. Cookeville Leisure Services’ 32nd annual Father Daughter Date Night will be held Feb. 15, 16, 22 and 23. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Classes, Programs & Events
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.