Cookeville’s fifth annual self-guided Merry and Bright Christmas Tour of Lights is the biggest ever with 28 festive homes to see during the holiday season. The tour, which begins Dec. 2, features participants in the Merry & Bright Holiday Home Challenge. Read on...
Locals can celebrate the season with numerous holiday events and activities offered by Cookeville Leisure Services. “It’s a very exciting time of year..." Read on...
Cookeville Leisure Services is gearing up for a new youth volleyball league. The league is for girls and boys ages 7-15, and games will be played on Saturday mornings, Feb. 5-March 26, at Cane Creek Gymnasium. Registration opens Dec. 6. Read on...
Tour of Lights
Follow our Merry and Bright Tour of Lights Map to see Cookeville's best-decorated holiday homes. This map features the addresses of the 28 participants in our 5th annual Merry and Bright Holiday Home Challenge. While on the tour, be sure to complete our Christmas scavenger hunt (see below) and post a photo of your group to your Instagram Story and tag @cookevilleleisureservices to be included in weekly prize drawings on Dec. 6, 13 and 20. Enjoy the lights!
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for 10 city parks, Cookeville Performing Arts Center, Cane Creek Recreation Center, Cane Creek Gymnasium, Cane Creek SportsPlex, Cookeville Depot Museum, Cookeville History Museum, Cookeville City Cemetery and maintenance of all city buildings.
Classes & Programs
Shelter Reservations: Cane Creek Park
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park: birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.