Welcome to the City of Cookeville Planning Department. You can find resources here for long range planning, zoning, and subdivision development. Please use the menu to the right to find what you need.
*Upcoming Meetings & Submission Deadline
- Board of Zoning Appeals Thursday February 8th @ 5:15 p.m.
- Historic Zoning Commission Tuesday February 13th @ 5:00 p.m. *CANCELED*
- Planning Commission Monday February 26th @ 5:30 p.m.
- BZA submission deadline is the third Monday of each month @ noon
- Historic Zoning submission deadline is the fourth Monday of each month @ noon
- Planning Commission submission deadline is the first Monday of each month @ noon
* ALL MEETINGS ARE HELD IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS LOCATED IN COOKEVILLE CITY HALL ON THE MAIN FLOOR AT 45 EAST BROAD STREET UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
Agendas and Minutes:
For more information please look at the respective links on the left to go to an area of specific Interest. If you can’t find what you are looking for please contact the Planning Department at (931)520-5271.
The primary goal of the Planning Department is to protect and enhance the quality of life of the citizens of Cookeville, while creating an environment which stimulates economic growth and development. This is achieved through planning and land-use regulation. Land-use is regulated by a Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations.
- Planning is used as a way to help guide the city’s growth. This includes long-range planning and strategic planning.
- Zoning Codes are designed to group compatible land uses, minimize negative impacts of incompatible land uses, and maximize use of public infrastructure facilities.
- Subdivision Regulations determine and create the character of a community. The location and size of lots, streets, and utilities become public responsibility.
Planning Department Staff
|James Mills, AICP||Director / City Planner||(931) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jon Ward||Assistant Director||(931) email@example.com|
|Kenneth Young||Senior Planner||(931) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jayne Barnes||Planning Assistant||(931) email@example.com|
|Terry Clark||Planning GIS Manager||(931) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ben Drury||GIS Systems Manager||(931) email@example.com|
The information, codes, documents, and maps provided on the Planning section of the City of Cookeville Website are provided for reference purposes only. Although considerable care has been taken to assure that this material accurately represents the correct information or latest versions, the City of Cookeville does not warrant that these are true and accurate copies. For verification, please contact the appropriate City department.