NOTICE TO CONSULTANT ENGINEERS REGARDING A REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
January 10, 2017
The City of Cookeville Tennessee, an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, seeks to retain the services of a professional consultant engineering firm to provide services related to the design of approximately 8,560 feet of 5’ sidewalks along the length of Interstate Drive where sidewalks are absent (both sides) and along South Jefferson Avenue (State Route 136) from Interstate Drive to South Walnut Avenue. This project is funded in part by Surface Transportation Program funds through the Tennessee Department of Transportation. The project shall be accomplished in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Guidelines of the TDOT Local Program Development Office, and all federal and state laws, rules and policies appertaining to the project and its funding source. The professional consultant engineering consulting firm and all sub-consultants must be on TDOT’s pre-approved list. The primary consultant and any sub-consultants expected to do work exceeding an estimated One Hundred Thousand Dollars in fee must have unlimited status. Responsibilities of the professional consultant engineering firm include, but are not limited to:
- Complete project management in accordance with the Local Government Guidelines of TDOT’s Local Program Development Office (Project time frame is from beginning of design until TDOT concurrence in intent to award is received. CEI services are not included)
- Prepare and submit all required environmental documents (NEPA)
- Provide field survey services of the project area
- Provide engineering design services to prepare bid/construction documents for the construction of the project
- Prepare itemized estimate of probable cost using TDOT item numbers
- Prepare project specifications and bid documents
- All requirements for any necessary state and federal permits to be obtained shall be provided
- Prepare bid notice
- Prepare bid advertisement
- Permit submittal for review and approval to TDOT
- Utility submittal for review and approval to TDOT
- Hold Prebid Conference
- Assist City in evaluation of bids and recommendation for contract award
- Secure TDOT concurrence in intent to award
- Any other services needed to complete the design, right-of-way, and bidding for construction of the project.
Scope of Work
The design of approximately 8,560 feet of 5’ sidewalks along the length of Interstate Drive where sidewalks are absent (both sides) and along South Jefferson Avenue (State Route 136) from Interstate Drive to South Walnut Avenue. Installation of a minimum 2’ grass buffer strip (where possible), curb and gutter (where necessary), crosswalks, necessary storm water drainage improvements, relocation and replacement of guard rail as necessary, utility relocation identification and retaining walls as needed.
The sealed Statements of Qualifications must be submitted to Greg Brown, Public Works Director, 1115 E. Spring Street, Cookeville, TN 38501, no later the 2:00 pm local time on February 21, 2017. Provide five copies of the Statement of Qualifications. Any statements received after this time will not be considered. Do not include any proposed fees. The statements of qualifications shall indicate the scope of services to be completed by any sub-consultants.
Prequalification procedures, example letter of interest, list of pre-qualified firms and certified DBEs, TDOT’s standard procurement policy, and additional information can be found at this internet address www.tdot.state.tn.us/consultantinfo.htm.
The factors that will be considered in evaluation of proposals are:
- Specialized experience and technical competence of the firm (including a joint venture or association) with the type work requested. Firm should have designed at least two similar projects in the past 6 years.
- Capacity of the firm to perform the work, including any specialized services.
- Description of how the firm would execute the project.
- Past record or performance on contracts with the City of Cookeville or other governmental agencies and private industry with respect to such factors as control of cost, quality of work, and the ability to meet schedules.
- Familiarity with details of the project.
- Qualifications of the firm to subcontract any portion of work and the percentage of total project subcontractor shall perform.
- Location of firm’s office that will administer project.
- Experience with grant funded projects.
- Qualification and availability of staff.
- Evaluations on prior projects with TDOT and other clients, if available.
- Size of project.
- Amount of work under contract with TDOT and other clients.
- Knowledge of TDOT requirements
Evaluation proceedings will be conducted within the established guidelines regarding equal employment opportunity and nondiscriminatory action based upon the grounds of race, color, sex, creed or national origin. Interested certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms as well as other minority-owned and women-owned firms are encouraged to respond to all advertisements by the City of Cookeville. For information on DBE certification, please contact Mr. Ross Webb at (615)253-1067 or Ross.H.Webb@tn.gov. Details and instructions for DBE certification can be found at the following website: http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/small-business
Questions and requests for additional information should be directed Greg Brown, Public Works Director-City of Cookeville, (931) 520-5247 or email@example.com.