“We are committed to providing safe and reliable service to our customers.”
IF A STRONG OR PERSISTENT ODOR OF GAS IS PRESENT IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS, OR IF YOU HEAR A HISSING SOUND OF ESCAPING NATURAL GAS, FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE:
- Evacuate the area or building immediately and warn others around you.
- Leave any doors open.
- Use a neighbor’s phone or cellular phone to call our office from outside the building.
After Hours (Emergency): (931) 526-9591
- DO NOT operate any electrical switches, appliance controls, or remove any plugs from outlets.
- DO NOT use the telephone in the building.
- Use the emergency cut-off valve near the meter to stop the flow of gas into the building. DO NOT re-open the valve once it has been closed. (A Cookeville Gas Department representative will turn it on).
If possible, ventilate the building by opening doors and windows at top and bottom. Start where odor is strongest.
DO NOT re-enter the building for this purpose.